Are you looking to add some humor to your class?
We had a “Funday Punday Monday” at our school where kids and teachers brought in puns to share. I rounded up some fun art-related puns you could use in your class. Sidenote: When I read these in class and I asked “Why did the artist go to the bathroom?” One of my second graders called out (without missing a beat) “because he was consti-painted!” That was a new answer and actually better than the original!!
Also if you are having a pun day fun day, you should hang up these “tearable” pun posters.
Download the higher resolution PDF of ART PUNS for free below:
Or, here is the text if the image is too small for your screen:
1. Which barnyard animal is a famous painter?
Vincent Van Goat
2. Who else is a famous barnyard painter?
3. If Van Gogh were alive today, what might the title of his autobiography be called?
The STARRY of My Life
4. Why can’t you trust an artist?
Because they are shady… and a little sketchy.. and they’ll try to frame you.
5. How do artists greet one another?
6. Why did the artist go to the bathroom?
When ya gotta Van Gogh, ya gotta Van Gogh
alternate answer: Because he was “consti-painted”
7. The artist was great. He could always draw a crowd.
8. I photograph my pimples. Is zit art?
9. The artist’s favorite swimming technique was the brushstroke.
10. I told the artist that his painting was terrible. I think he got the picture.